Friday, July 11, 2008

DAVID JENSEN JULY LETTER

Hi, It's David P. Jensen.

-It has been quite some time since I have written. I apologize. I read yours if it counts for anything. I'm not much of a letter writer these days. Family may not know my situation.

-Annelise, my wife is going to school full time and working. She's attending ASU for her Photography/Arts degree. She's 2 semesters away from graduation. She has taken some really great photos! She also just made some totally cool purse at some sewing class.

-I am thinking of going to Mesa Community College. For income I work for some sandwich shop as a delivery dude during lunch time. I kinda love it actually. It gives me time for music & sports and pays pretty well. I still print shirts from time to time as well, and make a little bit of money on iTunes. (those little downloads add up!)

-Things are going well. We're relatively happy and healthy. We've got love for one another. We don't have any kids. Leave us alone about that, please.

-The Arizona professional sports situation is quite frustrating. (Exemplified by Shaq's expression.) It's tough being a sports fan here, although my joy from the 2001 World Series still has not worn out. I work out those frustrations by pretending I'm a professional during one of my soccer, softball, football, and/or basketball leagues. I'm pretty ok at all those sports, nothing great.

-My new band is Art For Starters. www.myspace.com/artforstarters My previous band, Before Braille dissolved due to personality disorders and drug abuse. (I had no problem with the latter, but I'm sure I'm guilty of difficult personality quirks, no doubt.) It was pretty frustrating to see return missionaries/my friends/my band go south. I'm in the middle of completing our final 2 albums on my own.

-I've been really interested in politics and the election season. Our country is a disaster because everyone feels they are entitled to something. That's my main frustration these days. We keep paying money to people who won't work or provide for themselves.

-I'm encouraged by the love of my wife, parents, and extended family. I recently helped Jen & Ian move from Detroit to Show Low, AZ. It was kinda fun and mostly awful. Jen is always good to me, so I was glad to do it.

-I'm made happy when people tip well, use turn signals, accept my apologies, don't talk during movies or church, give me hi-fives, and when they prepare my food with love. And I'm especially happy when I see parents disciplining their children, especially when that means they remove them from sacrament meeting.

That's all for me. Best wishes to you all. See you in '09. Thanks for those who are putting work into reunion prep.
Sorry I wrote so much. I'm a pretty fast typer.
Bye,
David (and Annelise) Jensen


Arizona Cardinals: Loveable losers if only they were loveable. Arizona Diamondbacks: young and well, good enough to make us disappointed by year end. Phoenix Suns: Unlucky underachievers, and possibly targeted by the league for some reason. Phoenix Coyotes: not good enough to make us care about hockey. ASU Sundevils: they'll never beat USC, so why does it matter? Now I'm going to go yell at the tv screen. bye.

No comments: